Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Wilson[_2_] Wilson[_2_] is offline

Default Can I reset a mail merge document ASK/REF fields instead of closing and reopening another copy ?

I have a form.dot with a number of ASK then REF fields. The REF fields use
dates and data obtained via the ASK fields. A new copy of the form is opened
(form.doc) then once the form is completed it is printed and then used
again. Right now we have to actually close the form (the form and data is
not saved or reused) then open a new copy of the form to enter new data.
Sometimes we do this 20+ times for different customers, one after another.
Is there some way I can have a macro in the form which simply resets the
ASK/REF fields to blank then "re-opens" a new copy of the form. Or do I have
to actually close the copy I have open and get a new copy of the form each
time ? I am using Word XP.

thanks .. Wilson R.