Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
James0007 James0007 is offline

Default Formatting of Excel OLEs in Word is messed up after updating links

I have a Word document with multiple Excel objects pasted and linked to their
source files. Every time I try to update any of them, they revert to their
original size they had when I first pasted them in, instead of the formatting
I applied afterward.

I've tried to fix this by editing the links, but the "Preserve formatting
after update" box is greyed out on all of them.

Is there another way to force these objects NOT to revert to original size
every time I update? The way it is now sort of defeats the whole purpose of
linking them in the first place.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rich Gillett Rich Gillett is offline

Default my experience & part solution

I've been having exactly the same problem. I've managed to work around graphics resizing by placing them inside table, then formattinng the table with no borders. This seems to work some of the time.

I've also tried changing the original to match the size I need, but less successfully. My documents are saved on sharepoint, and I'm not sure if that's part of the reason also.

When pasting text links, I've pasted as Rich Formatted Text, and again changed the original to the right size and font and that's working for me so far.

Not good having to reformat all the time, am using Word 2007 and Excel 2007 and expect better than this!

James0007 wrote:

Formatting of Excel OLEs in Word is messed up after updating links
26-Feb-10

I have a Word document with multiple Excel objects pasted and linked to their
source files. Every time I try to update any of them, they revert to their
original size they had when I first pasted them in, instead of the formatting
I applied afterward.

I have tried to fix this by editing the links, but the "Preserve formatting
after update" box is greyed out on all of them.

Is there another way to force these objects NOT to revert to original size
every time I update? The way it is now sort of defeats the whole purpose of
linking them in the first place.

BizTalk Configure and Send SMTP Mail Based on Message Within an Orchestration
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...e-and-sen.aspx