Mark McEwen

Default labels question

Has anyone ever heard of this:

My computer recently has stopped printing labels properly.

I have the preset Avery code 8160 set as default in Word. Last week the
program started shifting the labels up about an eighth of an inch, which
means the address prints over two labels.

HOWEVER....

When I use a normal 8.5x11 page to test it out... it prints just fine. It
only happens when I use label paper.

Could it be the printer messing up? (HP Officejet). Might it be Word?

I have scanned the computer for spyware, virus's... nothing. My presets
were not adjusted. (which kind of makes sense because it only happens when
I use the thicker paper...(labels))

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks

If it prints properly on paper and not on the labels, it's likely a paper
feed problem. It may be that the rollers need to be adjusted or replaced. Is
there a setting for heavier paper?

"Mark McEwen" wrote in message
Has anyone ever heard of this:

My computer recently has stopped printing labels properly.

I have the preset Avery code 8160 set as default in Word. Last week the
program started shifting the labels up about an eighth of an inch, which
means the address prints over two labels.

HOWEVER....

When I use a normal 8.5x11 page to test it out... it prints just fine. It
only happens when I use label paper.

Could it be the printer messing up? (HP Officejet). Might it be Word?

I have scanned the computer for spyware, virus's... nothing. My presets
were not adjusted. (which kind of makes sense because it only happens

when
I use the thicker paper...(labels))

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks

how do i adjust text alignment in labels after inserting an image Doug Robbins Microsoft Word Help 2 November 29th 04 11:53 AM
labels Jan Microsoft Word Help 2 November 27th 04 09:10 AM
Where do I make mailing list for printing on labels? Annie Miami Microsoft Word Help 2 November 26th 04 09:14 AM
How do I delete a page of labels from an 8 page label print out? mooseamatic Microsoft Word Help 1 November 26th 04 01:21 AM
A Question About the Track Changes function in Word GoneFission Microsoft Word Help 2 November 23rd 04 06:12 PM