Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
C C is offline

Default PUT NAMES OF PEOPLE WITH THE SAME ADDRESS IN THE SAME DOCUMENT

Hi

Is there a way I can do a mail merge in Word where the completed document
will show the names of people who share the same address on the same document?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I did say it wasn't easy! Word is not designed to produce this type of
merge.

The method shows a use of a directory merge to merge sorted associated items
into a single document. The particular section you should concentrate upon
would be "Force each new category to a new page" with each new page being
your merge letter. Instead of using CITY as your trigger, you would use the
unique address field(s)

Obviously the example shown only lists the associated items. You would have
to include your letter text.

Fellow MVP Cindy Meister has some additional information on her web site,
along with some examples you can play with -
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...tm#ComplexMerg

"C" wrote:
Hi

Is there a way I can do a mail merge in Word where the completed
document will show the names of people who share the same address on
the same document?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Take a look at

http://cornell.veplan.net/article.aspx?&a=3815