Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
confused confused is offline

Default Number pages consecutively for the entire letter merge document

Hello;
I have al letter that has a total of 11 pages (2 are different first
pages). When I do a merge document.
Why does the first letter have page 2 of 350 instead of each letter
showing page 2 of 10 - 9 of 10?

When I do a preveiw the data looks correct, once I click the merge to
new document the numbereing is all wrong.
Please help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

In "Page X of Y" the Y part is a NUMPAGES field, which counts all the pages
in the document; and the merge document contains all of the pages created in
the merge.

If you didn't insert any section breaks into the main document, you could
simply replace the NUMPAGES field with a SECTIONPAGES field.

If the main document does contain section breaks, you will have to calculate
the total page number.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"confused" wrote:

Hello;
I have al letter that has a total of 11 pages (2 are different first
pages). When I do a merge document.
Why does the first letter have page 2 of 350 instead of each letter
showing page 2 of 10 - 9 of 10?

When I do a preveiw the data looks correct, once I click the merge to
new document the numbereing is all wrong.
Please help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"confused" wrote:
Hello;
I have al letter that has a total of 11 pages (2 are different first
pages). When I do a merge document.
Why does the first letter have page 2 of 350 *instead of each letter
showing page 2 of 10 - 9 of 10?

When I do a preveiw the data looks correct, once I click the merge to
new document the numbereing is all wrong.
Please help!- Hide quoted text -

Sorry it took so long for me to get back on this problem;
took your advice and used the sectionpage field.
Thanks for the help