Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
billzinn billzinn is offline

Default Word 2007 Disable calculations

I often have to submit "quotations" to clients - and I've spent CONSIDERABLE
time in creating a 'custom template' to accomplish this in Word 2007... and
it works great. But when I send this 'quote' to a client, I'd like to have
the "calculations" that I've done in a table that comprises this template so
that they are either "locked" or "disabled". My question: is there a way to
"lock" the table or "disable" the calculations I've done in a table in a Word
document so that I can simply send it via email - yet NOT allow any of the
calculations to be changed or the "underlying" calculations from being viewed?
Quite possibly this has been answered somewhere before - and I'm probably
'ignoring' a "basic functionality" of using tables in Word 2007 - but this is
something that has been 'a question' for me for a while.. so I'll turn to
"the experts" and ask this (probably) stupid question of someone that knows
more about Word than I ....
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 15:25:06 -0700, billzinn
wrote:

[...]

First, if you want to retain the ability to do the calculations later, make a
copy of the document and work on that, and send the result to the client,
keeping the original for yourself.

In the working copy, select the table and press Ctrl+Shift+F9. That's the
shortcut for the Unlink Field command, which turns all the fields in the
selected text to plain text. That isn't reversible (which is why you need to
keep the original for yourself).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
billzinn billzinn is offline

Thank you Jay! I knew there HAD to be a way to do this... I' saving this in
my 'archive' of help files...