Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gordon Gordon is offline

Default Protect table

Hi...

I have a table with 24 rows and 3 columns. I want to protect the table so
that row heights cannot change regardless of how little or how much text is
entered. Also I don't want the table properties edited in anyway/protected.
Is this easy to do?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Gordon wrote:
Hi...

I have a table with 24 rows and 3 columns. I want to protect the
table so that row heights cannot change regardless of how little or
how much text is entered. Also I don't want the table properties
edited in anyway/protected. Is this easy to do?

Thanks

The first part is easy enough -- select the whole table, go to Table Table
Properties Row, and set an exact height.

The second part is not easy at all. It would require a macro that intercepts
an attempt to open the Table Properties dialog, and either does nothing or
displays a message explaining that changes aren't allowed. The problem is
that each user's copy of Word can prevent macros from running, depending on
the setting of the macro security level. There is no way you can determine
or change what another user's security level is. So the overall answer is
no, you can't prevent editing of the table properties. The solution is
social rather than technical: tell people not to mess with the table. If
they ignore you, deal with it as you can.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman