Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
JP Theron_ZA JP Theron_ZA is offline

Default Using automatic multilevel numbering in protected forms.

Hi, I apologise if this has already been addressed, but I have looked
everywhere and cannot seem to find the solution.

I have a protected form where a few fields have a numbered list. Initially I
set up a numbered list and then added the form text field next to it.

This works well for a single layered list and generates a new number with
every "ENTER". The problem is I would like to use multilayered forms in the
protected fields except the TAB key doesn't work in forms to increase indent.

I have also tried to see if automatic numbering works if a person just
enters text in a blank field beginning with a number. This doesn't work
either. The work around I am currently using is tedious. I go to the field
where I enter my numbered list. When I have to insert an INDENT to make the
number a higher level I click the protection off. Click the INCREASE INDENT
on the toolbar. Click protect again and continue. Every time I have to make a
change to the numbered list's level I have to do this.

Is there any easy of using a multilevel automatic numbered list in a form?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
JP Theron_ZA[_2_] JP Theron_ZA[_2_] is offline

Dear Suzanne,

Thanks for the tip, but unfortunately it doesn't solve the problem. If I
setup a numbered list by pressing the numbered list icon on the tool bar and
then add the text field for the form using the shortcuts do nothing.

Also it is impossible to setup a numbered list in the field itself.

Please help.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

As far as I know there is no way to do this in the user interface, unless
you want to add an unprotected section (but then users can of course also
make other changes in that section).

On the other hand, it should be possible to have a macro temporarily turn
off the document protection so that you can promote or demote a paragraph.
If you want to try this approach, you will have to ask in a programming
newsgroup such as microsoft.public.word.vba.general for further assistance.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP