Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
TiffanyH TiffanyH is offline

Default Locking Table Size

I'm using tables for an employee appraisal and I want to lock the size of the
table so they can type in it, but it won't increase in size if they keep
typing beyond the size on the screen. Anything out there for that?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
TiffanyH TiffanyH is offline

Ok great! Now that the tables are locked in size, is there anyway to not
allow the use to continue typing beyond the cell size?

"TiffanyH" wrote in message
I'm using tables for an employee appraisal and I want to lock the size of
the
table so they can type in it, but it won't increase in size if they keep
typing beyond the size on the screen. Anything out there for that?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

No, you just have to hope they have sense enough to stop when their typing
starts disappearing. In a protected form, you can limit the number of
characters, but that doesn't prevent them from pressing Enter.

"TiffanyH" wrote in message
I'm using tables for an employee appraisal and I want to lock the size
of
the
table so they can type in it, but it won't increase in size if they
keep
typing beyond the size on the screen. Anything out there for that?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

The alternative is using the macros presented in the following KB article:

How to code the ENTER key to move between form fields in a protected form in
Word
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/211219/en-us

--
Stefan Blom