Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sherlock Sherlock is offline

Default form data to .txt won't save on network

I have a form that was developed in Word 2003. Now I'm using Word 2007.

I'm trying to save the form field contents to a .txt file. I found the check
box for saving as a delimited text file under Word Options, Advanced.
Everything works as it should if I save to C:.

However, if I do exactly the same save and try to save to a network drive,
Word tries unsuccessfully to save a .tmp file with a random name instead of
the expected .txt file with the name I gave it.

How do I save the delimited text file with the form results directly to a
network drive?

Thank you.