Andrea

Default Create a scrolling window to assist in speed-reading.

Word needs a scrolling window one line high to assist in speed-reading on the
computer. To be specific, one scrolling line of text should have white
background and dark print, whicle all the lines above and below should show
up in black or navy blue background with white print. It should be possible
to set the speed at which the window automatically scrolls, so the reader
doesn't need to waste concentration an manually scrolling. This would make
reading a wordy document much easier and quicker.

Regards,
Andrea

Just make a donation in my name to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society instead
of paying me for this excellent suggestion! ;-)
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Andrea,

FWIW, Word does have an autoscroll feature available
although it doesn't do the color highlighting you mentioned.
This article describes a method to enable it
http://support.microsoft.com/default...us;197676&FR=1
Limiting reading to a single line can actually reduce the
'speed reading' ability, dependent on the technique used.

A similar feature is available through some mouse controls as well

You can also use the down-1line arrow cursor button and 'scroll'
through the document, reading the 'bottom line' of the screen
as the current one.

--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)