Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
John Carter John Carter is offline

Default WORD always asks to save global template

OFFICE 2007 version of WORD

Every time I use WORD whether I did anything to chanhe the
global template (NORMAL.DOTM), upon closing yhe application
it asks whether or not to save the changed global template.

I have looked at everything conceivable (sp?) to see if I
inadvertantly changed anything, but I see nothing.

Even if I open WORD to do nothing more than to read a doc, it
still asks to save the template.

I do have the option turned on to ask to save the template if
changes are made, and in fact, a couple of months ago, I did make
a change, and it asked me - I did accept. I am going bald tearing
my hair out trying to figure this out.

HELLLLLLP please.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Daddy Daddy is offline

"You are prompted to save the changes to the Normal.dot or Normal.dotm or Normal.dotm global template every time that you quit Word"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/291352

"Word prompts me to save changes to the Normal.dot template"
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...514521033.aspx

Daddy