Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Goober's Mom Goober's Mom is offline

Default Can't Print Custom Paper Sizes in Word 07

I'm trying to print greeting cards - 4.25X5.5 inches. Only the left paper
guide of my Canon printer moves so the cards are snugged up against the guide
on the right side of the paper tray. Since my old word processing program
had a selection of paper feed orientations, I looked for them in Word 07. I
found the choices for envelope orientation but nothing for paper. I printed
one card to see if how it would print and the image on the front of the card
is cut off at the top....like the paper was in the middle of the paper tray.

Oh, and I tried to tweak the right margin but it's already set at 0 and
won't go negative.

Is there some way to print my cards, to send a command to print to the right
side of the paper tray?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Word relies on the printer driver for page sizes and will tend to use the
closest standard size when you specify a custom size. You need to change the
page size to a standard size larger than you require and make up the
difference with margins.