Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
reagolly reagolly is offline
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 6
Default step-by-step sequential numbering of business cards

could someone explain to me how to do sequential numbering of business cards
that I am making as Christmas tickets for a banquet. I tried a few times but
I am not understanding the instructions. Thanks
--
reagolly
  #2   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom[_3_] Stefan Blom[_3_] is offline
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 6,897
Default step-by-step sequential numbering of business cards

See http://www.gmayor.com/Numbered_labels.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP



"reagolly" wrote in message
...
could someone explain to me how to do sequential numbering of business
cards
that I am making as Christmas tickets for a banquet. I tried a few times
but
I am not understanding the instructions. Thanks
--
reagolly



  #3   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
reagolly reagolly is offline
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 6
Default step-by-step sequential numbering of business cards

Thanks for answering Stefan but for some reason when I click on letters and
mailing, I don't have the option create numbered labels. I tried to go to
toolbar and create but it isn't working. Also I have been looking for
feedback to my question and discovered it is in this forum not the general
question. So another one might be somewhere else. Thank you and hope you
can help me. I have been on this for about a week. I created my tickets and
I just need to number them to about 200. --
reagolly


"Stefan Blom" wrote:

See http://www.gmayor.com/Numbered_labels.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP



"reagolly" wrote in message
...
could someone explain to me how to do sequential numbering of business
cards
that I am making as Christmas tickets for a banquet. I tried a few times
but
I am not understanding the instructions. Thanks
--
reagolly




  #4   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Suzanne S. Barnhill Suzanne S. Barnhill is offline
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 33,624
Default step-by-step sequential numbering of business cards

Did you actually look at the referenced article?

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
Words into Type
Fairhope, Alabama USA
http://word.mvps.org

"reagolly" wrote in message
...
Thanks for answering Stefan but for some reason when I click on letters
and
mailing, I don't have the option create numbered labels. I tried to go to
toolbar and create but it isn't working. Also I have been looking for
feedback to my question and discovered it is in this forum not the general
question. So another one might be somewhere else. Thank you and hope you
can help me. I have been on this for about a week. I created my tickets
and
I just need to number them to about 200. --
reagolly


"Stefan Blom" wrote:

See http://www.gmayor.com/Numbered_labels.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP



"reagolly" wrote in message
...
could someone explain to me how to do sequential numbering of business
cards
that I am making as Christmas tickets for a banquet. I tried a few
times
but
I am not understanding the instructions. Thanks
--
reagolly






  #5   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
reagolly reagolly is offline
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 6
Default step-by-step sequential numbering of business cards

Yes I did and I tried to do exactly what it said but for some reason it will
not work.
I went to letters and mailing, envelopes and labels, options, new labels,
didn't see define labels so went to label name and type ##. Can you walk me
thru. Thanks. It looks very easy but some features I don't see on my
computer. I am in Word 2003
--
reagolly


"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Did you actually look at the referenced article?

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
Words into Type
Fairhope, Alabama USA
http://word.mvps.org

"reagolly" wrote in message
...
Thanks for answering Stefan but for some reason when I click on letters
and
mailing, I don't have the option create numbered labels. I tried to go to
toolbar and create but it isn't working. Also I have been looking for
feedback to my question and discovered it is in this forum not the general
question. So another one might be somewhere else. Thank you and hope you
can help me. I have been on this for about a week. I created my tickets
and
I just need to number them to about 200. --
reagolly


"Stefan Blom" wrote:

See http://www.gmayor.com/Numbered_labels.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP



"reagolly" wrote in message
...
could someone explain to me how to do sequential numbering of business
cards
that I am making as Christmas tickets for a banquet. I tried a few
times
but
I am not understanding the instructions. Thanks
--
reagolly





.



  #6   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 19,312
Default step-by-step sequential numbering of business cards

The web page in question refers to an add-in linked from the page. Did you
download and install that add-in?
Did you install the version for Word 2003?
Having downloaded the add-in the web page itself walks you through the
process, with illustrations for both Word 2003 and 2007 where appropriate.

Further down the page is an alternative method that does not use the add-in.

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org



reagolly wrote:
Yes I did and I tried to do exactly what it said but for some reason
it will not work.
I went to letters and mailing, envelopes and labels, options, new
labels, didn't see define labels so went to label name and type ##.
Can you walk me thru. Thanks. It looks very easy but some features
I don't see on my computer. I am in Word 2003

Did you actually look at the referenced article?

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
Words into Type
Fairhope, Alabama USA
http://word.mvps.org

"reagolly" wrote in message
...
Thanks for answering Stefan but for some reason when I click on
letters and
mailing, I don't have the option create numbered labels. I tried
to go to toolbar and create but it isn't working. Also I have been
looking for feedback to my question and discovered it is in this
forum not the general question. So another one might be somewhere
else. Thank you and hope you can help me. I have been on this for
about a week. I created my tickets and
I just need to number them to about 200. --
reagolly


"Stefan Blom" wrote:

See http://www.gmayor.com/Numbered_labels.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP



"reagolly" wrote in message
...
could someone explain to me how to do sequential numbering of
business cards
that I am making as Christmas tickets for a banquet. I tried a
few times
but
I am not understanding the instructions. Thanks
--
reagolly





.



  #7   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
reagolly reagolly is offline
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 6
Default step-by-step sequential numbering of business cards

Thanks Graham, I am getting ready to leave for today. I will try it
tomorrow. Appreciate it. Thanks and God bless.
--
reagolly


"Graham Mayor" wrote:

The web page in question refers to an add-in linked from the page. Did you
download and install that add-in?
Did you install the version for Word 2003?
Having downloaded the add-in the web page itself walks you through the
process, with illustrations for both Word 2003 and 2007 where appropriate.

Further down the page is an alternative method that does not use the add-in.

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org



reagolly wrote:
Yes I did and I tried to do exactly what it said but for some reason
it will not work.
I went to letters and mailing, envelopes and labels, options, new
labels, didn't see define labels so went to label name and type ##.
Can you walk me thru. Thanks. It looks very easy but some features
I don't see on my computer. I am in Word 2003

Did you actually look at the referenced article?

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
Words into Type
Fairhope, Alabama USA
http://word.mvps.org

"reagolly" wrote in message
...
Thanks for answering Stefan but for some reason when I click on
letters and
mailing, I don't have the option create numbered labels. I tried
to go to toolbar and create but it isn't working. Also I have been
looking for feedback to my question and discovered it is in this
forum not the general question. So another one might be somewhere
else. Thank you and hope you can help me. I have been on this for
about a week. I created my tickets and
I just need to number them to about 200. --
reagolly


"Stefan Blom" wrote:

See http://www.gmayor.com/Numbered_labels.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP



"reagolly" wrote in message
...
could someone explain to me how to do sequential numbering of
business cards
that I am making as Christmas tickets for a banquet. I tried a
few times
but
I am not understanding the instructions. Thanks
--
reagolly





.



.

Reply
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to create a template in word step by step Johanne Microsoft Word Help 1 February 27th 09 09:30 PM
Word 2007 - Step by Step Mail Merge Wizard won't start Shelby Mailmerge 1 February 5th 08 09:59 PM
I need step by step instructions on how to insert a checkbox. Lydell Microsoft Word Help 1 November 9th 05 08:22 PM
step by step instructions for form with fill-in blanks Robb New Users 1 April 19th 05 06:45 PM
Step By step mail merge 287 names on labels Jenny New Users 2 December 12th 04 12:53 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:34 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2023 Microsoft Office Word Forum - WordBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Microsoft Word"