Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Leslieo54 Leslieo54 is offline

Default Word 2007 asks to save even when no changes have been made

I'm really not enjoying having Word 2007 prompt me to save my documents even
if I've done nothing more than open and close them immediately, with no
changes made.

I'm paranoid every time that I've either accidentally hit a key and made an
unnecessary change or else made a change that I can't remember but need, so
neither yes or no to the save question makes me happy... Online support says
that in Word 2002 you can avoid this by unchecking the Smart Tags option in
Word options, but I don't have this checked in the first place. Any ideas on
how to make Word stop driving me crazy (with this question, not with the
kazillion others I have...)?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you have some sort of macro set to run when you open a document,
it's doing something that Word perceives as a change.

On Oct 13, 8:41*pm, Leslieo54
wrote:
I'm really not enjoying having Word 2007 prompt me to save my documents even
if I've done nothing more than open and close them immediately, with no
changes made. *

I'm paranoid every time that I've either accidentally hit a key and made an
unnecessary change or else made a change that I can't remember but need, so
neither yes or no to the save question makes me happy... *Online support says
that in Word 2002 you can avoid this by unchecking the Smart Tags option in
Word options, but I don't have this checked in the first place. *Any ideas on
how to make Word stop driving me crazy (with this question, not with the
kazillion others I have...)?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tina Tina is offline

I found this info in another post:

"If you hold down the Ctrl key when starting Word, you'll go into Safe Mode
(things may look odd, but don't worry). Do you get the prompt while in Safe
Mode?
If yes, then there's some kind of Add-in on your system that's interfering
with
how Word normally works. This could be a macro you've made, one supplied to
you
in a template, or a COM Add-in (a tool)."

--
Tina