Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
IgorM IgorM is offline

Default Cite a citation

Hi

I have a question regarding citations in Word 2007. I want to add a citation
to my document. The problem is that the author I want to cite is citing
someone else. So it's going to be a citation of a citation. In my country
the citation would look like:
in this example I want to cite John Doe's book (page 34) published in 1994
but John in his book cited Steve Mooray's work (page 23) from 1990:

"There are 100 different types of jams" (Doe, 1994 p. 34, after: Mooray,
1990 p. 23).
All I can get now is (Doe, 1994 p. 34).

Can this be done in Word 2007?

Kind regards
IgorM

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In two pieces. What if you want to cite Doe for something other than
the Mooray quote, or Mooray directly from the book rather than as
quoted by someone else?

On Mar 11, 3:01*pm, "IgorM" wrote:
Hi

I have a question regarding citations in Word 2007. I want to add a citation
to my document. The problem is that the author I want to cite is citing
someone else. So it's going to be a citation of a citation. In my country
the citation would look like:
in this example I want to cite John Doe's book (page 34) published in 1994
but John in his book cited Steve Mooray's work (page 23) from 1990:

"There are 100 different types of jams" (Doe, 1994 p. 34, after: Mooray,
1990 p. 23).
All I can get now is (Doe, 1994 p. 34).

Can this be done in Word 2007?

Kind regards
IgorM

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
IgorM IgorM is offline

I think this
http://data.bolton.ac.uk/bissto/info...c/citation.htm
explains why.
I do not have access to the primary source.
In regard to my example: it doesn't have to be in the exact same way (words
"afer: ", etc.). It may as well be as described in the web site. All I want
to do is cite a citation.

On Mar 11, 3:01 pm, "IgorM" wrote:
Hi

I have a question regarding citations in Word 2007. I want to add a
citation
to my document. The problem is that the author I want to cite is citing
someone else. So it's going to be a citation of a citation. In my country
the citation would look like:
in this example I want to cite John Doe's book (page 34) published in
1994
but John in his book cited Steve Mooray's work (page 23) from 1990:

"There are 100 different types of jams" (Doe, 1994 p. 34, after: Mooray,
1990 p. 23).
All I can get now is (Doe, 1994 p. 34).

Can this be done in Word 2007?

Kind regards
IgorM

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yves Dhondt Yves Dhondt is offline

Add the entry you want to show up in your bibliography as a citation. Then
use the \f (prefix) or \s (suffix) flags to add the other citation as text.
See the 'Optional switches' section at
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/he...157071033.aspx for more info on
those switches.

An example field code could be:
{ CITATION doe94 \l 1033 \s ", after: Mooray, 1990 p.23" }

Yves
--
BibWord : Microsoft Word Citation and Bibliography styles
http://bibword.codeplex.com