Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joshab Joshab is offline

Default Hidden text in a document

Can anyone please tell me how to make text hidden in a document and it should
appear the same if the file is viewed on another computer wich is on network.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

"Hidden text" is a font format, just like bold or italic. You can select any
text, go to the Font dialog, and check the box for Hidden; or you can use
the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Shift+H. If you want to see the hidden text
temporarily, you can click the ¶ button and the text will appear with a
dotted underline.

There is no way you can guarantee that someone on another computer cannot
see text you've marked as Hidden -- they can click ¶ just as easily as you
can.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Joshab wrote:
Can anyone please tell me how to make text hidden in a document and
it should appear the same if the file is viewed on another computer
wich is on network.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joshab Joshab is offline

Hello Jay,

I am aware of this option. But if I make a change to a MS document means
make a text hidden this option cannot be viewed by my collegue on his
computer. So the text i have marked hidden is not hidden on his computer.

Can you help me on this.
thanks

Joshab wrote:
Can anyone please tell me how to make text hidden in a document and
it should appear the same if the file is viewed on another computer
wich is on network.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Sorry, I'm not following your description. Do you mean that you marked some
text as Hidden, and when your colleague views that document the text is not
marked as Hidden? Or that it is still marked as Hidden (dotted underlines)
but your colleague still sees it and can't turn off its display?

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

"Hidden text" is a font format, just like bold or italic. You can
select any text, go to the Font dialog, and check the box for
Hidden; or you can use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Shift+H. If you
want to see the hidden text temporarily, you can click the ¶ button
and the text will appear with a dotted underline.

There is no way you can guarantee that someone on another computer
cannot see text you've marked as Hidden -- they can click ¶ just as
easily as you can.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.

Joshab wrote:
Can anyone please tell me how to make text hidden in a document and
it should appear the same if the file is viewed on another computer
wich is on network.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JERRY JERRY is offline

It almost sounds as if you are tracking your changes, and you have your
options set so that deletions are hidden, but your colleague has his options
set differently, so he can see your work. Is that the issue?

If so, there's no easy way around it in MS Word, because those settings
reside on each individual computer. As long as the changes are still in the
document, anybody can see what you deleted if they want to. Your best options
are (a) accept all changes in the document before you send it to your
colleague, or (b) create a PDF of the document. Then your colleague cannot
see what you have deleted.