Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
wildetudor wildetudor is offline

Default Weird right-alignment of text in Word 2007

Hi everyone,

I pasted some text from a document into a new document, formated all the
titles with my default Heading styles, then proceeded to create a Table of
Contents, which turned out to look very strange indeed. When the cursor is in
certain rows of the TOC, the horizontal ruler shows a text alignment that
seems to start from the right side of the page rather than from the left,
while in other rows of the TOC, the alignment is normal. Other things may
also be awry, such that overall, the whole TOC looks extremely messy, as can
be seen in this screenshot:
http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/9...reenshotbm.jpg.

I guess the document where the original text comes from must have had Hebrew
or Arabic as its language, this would explain the right-alignment, even
though when I pasted the text into my new document, I used Keep Text Only...

Can anyone think of a way to fix this? Many thanks in advance for any help!