Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PPT Ranger PPT Ranger is offline

Default Embed Excel documnet into a word 2007 doc.

I have both excel and word 2007 on my computer and I am trying to embed an
excel file into my word document. I goto insert--Object--Creat from file--
browse to find my target file--insert-- select Display as icon and then
--OK. Word looks like it starts to embed but then gives me the following
error, "The program used to create this object is Excel. That program is not
installed on your computer. To edit this object, you must install a program
that can open the object."

I created both files on this computer. any suggestions?