Margreta

Default aligning decimal?

I use a template at work that has a table in which a tab stop in the cells of
one of the columns is set to align the amounts (dollars and cents) by the
decimal point. I thought it might be possible to assign the decimal as the
'leader' but can't figure out how to do this.

Would really appreciate some tips on this, thanks.

Margreta.
CarolineJ

It doesn't work (I don't think) because the decimal tab works in a special
way in a table and you do not actually insert a tab character to get to it.
To get the leader you actually have to use the tab key.

Suggest you either:

Use a right tab to align the figures (if always same number of decimals will
still align correctly) and assign the leader to this tab. The figures won't
align automatically like they do for the decimal tab so you will have to
press [Ctrl Tab] to insert a tab character in front of each figure - but you
will get the leader.

If it must be a decimal tab, then apply a leader to the decimal tab and add
another tab near the beginning of the column. You will have to insert 2 tab
characters to align the numbers and get the leader (using ctrl tab as you are
in a table).