IceTre

Default Attaching PDF's (and more) for Word E-mail merge?

Hi --

I apologize in advance if I'm not on the exact group I should be on for
this question. If that's the case -- then can anyone tell me which
group would be the best for this inquiry? Thanks in advance!

Okay -- so the question(s):

I am working on an e-mail merge project. I'll be manipulating data and
text from Excel and Access but the end goal is to send an e-mail merge
out using Word (2003).

I just tried a test and a few things went wrong:

1. I had imported a data table from Access (actually, I converted it to
Excel first) and had to manually add columns/rows and borders. Took a
while but eventually it looked ok.

When it sent, however, (to an Outlook 2003 mailbox) the borders did not
show through in the e-mail document. However, after doing a simple
copy/paste into another Word document -- the borders came back.

2. I tried to embed a large excel spreadsheet and a simple, 1-page PDF
document into the body of the Word document since I read that you can't
add attachments to Word e-mail merges.

The excel document was shown in its entirety -- but it's been
compressed so much that it's impossible to read.

The PDF was "openable" in the word document -- I inserted it as a
"package" into the body of the document. After sending, however, the
package icon is nothing but a bitmap and you can't do anything with it.

Furthermore -- there are no visible attachments to the document.
So...I'm assuming that the PDF got stripped off in the sending...?

So -- the questions:

A. What's the simplest way to export an Access datasheet so that it is
properly formatted in Word and thus, formatted in an e-mail message?
And how do I keep the borders and formatting visible after sending?

B. How do I transfer a PDF with the rest of the Word doc in a Word
E-mail merge?

C. What would be the best way to import or embed other MS documents so
that they are either visible or downloadable after sending via an
E-mail Word merge?

Thanks in advance! Very grateful for any help.

-Trey

Hi,
You might want to try our "pdfMachine - Word Mail Merge" software. It
could be just what you are looking for.

http://www.pdfmachine.com/et/pdfmachine_mail_merge.html

Regards,
Craig