nico

Default getting rid of Asian/Unicode fonts

This is completely new to me.

When I hold the mouse at the right side of the text, I dont see the cursor
in form of a |, allowing me to put the cursor at the end of a line, but as an
arrow, selecting, when I click, the whole line.
I would Word to behave as it did before, but have not a clue how to do it.
It probably has something to do with Asian/Unicode fonts, but I dont know
anything about that, so it might not.
Interestingly enough, this behaviour doesnt always occur - in my current
text I have one headline that behaves like older Word versions did - but it
is the only one. The format painter does not copy this behaviour to any other
text.

Any ideas?
garfield-n-odie

Possibly because you have enabled support for right-to-left languages (e.g.,
Asian, Latin, Arabic). To remove enabled languages, click on Start |
Programs | Microsoft Office Tools | Microsoft Office Language Settings |
Enabled Languages tab. In the list of Enabled Languages, click on the
languages you don't want, and delete them.

"nico" wrote:

This is completely new to me.

When I hold the mouse at the right side of the text, I dont see the cursor
in form of a |, allowing me to put the cursor at the end of a line, but as an
arrow, selecting, when I click, the whole line.
I would Word to behave as it did before, but have not a clue how to do it.
It probably has something to do with Asian/Unicode fonts, but I dont know
anything about that, so it might not.
Interestingly enough, this behaviour doesnt always occur - in my current
text I have one headline that behaves like older Word versions did - but it
is the only one. The format painter does not copy this behaviour to any other
text.

Any ideas?

garfield-n-odie

Not sure if it will work, but try opening your Word document, press
Ctrl+A to select all of the text, click on Tools | Language | Set
Language | Mark selected text as: choose your language | uncheck the
"Detect language automatically" box | Default | OK.