geojon

Default Duplex printing

Does anyone know of a way to print a section of the document to a different
printer?

Ive recently acquired the HP color Laserjet 5550dn. Its a printer with 11
x 17 and duplex printing capabilities. My reports can be up to 50 pages long
with approximately a few 11 x 17 pages in the middle of the report. I do not
want the 11 x 17s printed on both sides of the paper. I want only the
letter sized pages to print on both sides of the paper. Apparently, the
printers proprieties do not allow for duplex settings per paper tray. Does
anyone know of a way to print a section of the document to a different
printer?
Graham Mayor

You can't print different sections to different printers unless you set them
up as separate documents, but you can print to different trays and you can
set duplex options. If your printer accepts PCL commands, you may be able to
use a PRINT field. A PRINT field is simply a type of field that allows you
to send instructions directly to the printer.

There are 3 possible data values for duplex setting: PRINT 27"&l0S" simplex
PRINT 27"&l1S" vertical duplex . PRINT 27"&l2S" horizontal duplex
(bookformat)

The codes after PRINT are 27 (escape), double quote, ampersand, lowercase L,
0, 1 or 2, uppercase S and finally terminated with a double quote.

Thus for horizontal duplex you would insert the following field :
{ PRINT 27"&l2S" }

geojon wrote:
Does anyone know of a way to print a section of the document to a
different printer?

I've recently acquired the HP color Laserjet 5550dn. It's a printer
with 11 x 17 and duplex printing capabilities. My reports can be up
to 50 pages long with approximately a few 11 x 17 pages in the middle
of the report. I do not want the 11 x 17's printed on both sides of
the paper. I want only the letter sized pages to print on both sides
of the paper. Apparently, the printer's proprieties do not allow for
duplex settings per paper tray. Does anyone know of a way to print a
section of the document to a different printer?