Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cassandra

Default Ruler appearance will not change to inches

Thank you. This was really bothering me.

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:

Hi, CMCronan. See http://www.gmayor.com/Character_Units.htm.

"CMCronan" wrote:

I recently upgraded from Office 2000 to Office XP and my Word ruler will only display in what I believe are picas. I have already verified that my default measurement units are in inches at Tools\Options\General, but the ruler display will not change from picas even if I try different default measurement types.

This is extremely frustrating as I use precise measurements in many documents I create and prefer to do this in inches. I would be extremely grateful if someone has a solution to this. Thanks.