Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Sharon M.

Default Making Word behave like a desktop publisher?

Hi all,

I have a brochure to produce that, for various reasons, needs to be
developed in Word. What I am trying to do (but cannot seem to achieve) is to
have a thumbnail graphic (solid colour block with chapter number) that
appears on the very edge of the printed page. Is there a trick for this? I've
tried everything I can think of but I still get the white edge ...

Thanks in anticipation.

Sharon M.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor

The vast majority of printer drivers will not allow you to print to the edge
of the page. Word will only display what the current printer driver will
allow. If you have eg Adobe Acrobat on your PC, which will allow 'printing'
to the edge of the paper, and set it as active printer, you will be able to
format the document as you require (though when the resulting file is
printed to paper you will have the same problem)

If you want to put a page number field in that box - then make that box a
borderless frame (not a text box), with a colour fill, placed in the page
header.