RCCPIO

Default Line spacing

In a column of figures,
how do I do I underline the last figure before total
without have an excess amount of space between the two numbers?
I tried kerning the total figure so it would be closer to the line
and find it prints ok, but cuts off the number.
Line spacing didn't work well, either.
Your thoughts????
--
RCCPIO

RCCPIO

(Class) (Lab) Credit

ACA 111 College Student Success 1 0 1
€” €” €”
15 2 16
I'm reformatting a college catalog and need the underline as shown above,
but don't want that much space.
Have other ideas?

"RCCPIO" wrote in message
In a column of figures,
how do I do I underline the last figure before total
without have an excess amount of space between the two numbers?
I tried kerning the total figure so it would be closer to the line
and find it prints ok, but cuts off the number.
Line spacing didn't work well, either.
Your thoughts????
--
RCCPIO

RCCPIO

I cannot make the drawn lines consistent throughout the document. I read the

I know I should use a publishing software to produce this catalog, but would
really like to keep the document in Word and publish from a PDF.

Are my options to use kerning or to draw each line individually?

"Jezebel" wrote:

Other than what?

"RCCPIO" wrote in message
In a column of figures,
how do I do I underline the last figure before total
without have an excess amount of space between the two numbers?
I tried kerning the total figure so it would be closer to the line
and find it prints ok, but cuts off the number.
Line spacing didn't work well, either.
Your thoughts????
--
RCCPIO

Jezebel

Kerning is an adjustment to the horizontal position of the characters.
Nothing to do with vertical placement; so I can't see how that will help.

Use an exact line spacing, perhaps?

"RCCPIO" wrote in message
I cannot make the drawn lines consistent throughout the document. I read

I know I should use a publishing software to produce this catalog, but

would
really like to keep the document in Word and publish from a PDF.

Are my options to use kerning or to draw each line individually?

"Jezebel" wrote:

Other than what?

"RCCPIO" wrote in message
In a column of figures,
how do I do I underline the last figure before total
without have an excess amount of space between the two numbers?
I tried kerning the total figure so it would be closer to the line
and find it prints ok, but cuts off the number.
Line spacing didn't work well, either.
Your thoughts????
--
RCCPIO

RCCPIO

Thank you very much!
Exact line spacing worked with a little tweaking.

This is a Pagemaker document, imported into Quark, and stripped and placed
into Word. Although I cleared the formatting and started over with the
formatting, there are some codes that must be there that don't show up under
Reveal Formatting or using the paragraph symbol.

I inserted a line of em dashes under each column of numbers in the first
example.
I used exact spacing to place the em dashes as I wanted them.
I copied the line and inserted it under each column of numbers throughout
and deleted the previous line that would not move for some reason.

Worked great!

Thank you for helping me finish a major project!
Bless you!

"RCCPIO" wrote in message
I cannot make the drawn lines consistent throughout the document. I read

I know I should use a publishing software to produce this catalog, but

would
really like to keep the document in Word and publish from a PDF.

Are my options to use kerning or to draw each line individually?

"Jezebel" wrote:

Other than what?

"RCCPIO" wrote in message
In a column of figures,
how do I do I underline the last figure before total
without have an excess amount of space between the two numbers?
I tried kerning the total figure so it would be closer to the line
and find it prints ok, but cuts off the number.
Line spacing didn't work well, either.
Your thoughts????
--
RCCPIO

RCCPIO

No.
I'm afraid you've exceeded my knowledge base by leaps and bounds.
How do you do it?

"RCCPIO" wrote in message
I cannot make the drawn lines consistent throughout the document. I

read

I know I should use a publishing software to produce this catalog, but
would
really like to keep the document in Word and publish from a PDF.

Are my options to use kerning or to draw each line individually?

"Jezebel" wrote:

Other than what?

See http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/Overbar.htm for the general idea.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Did you also try creating a bottom border on the text using an EQ \x

field?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"RCCPIO" wrote in message
I cannot make the drawn lines consistent throughout the document.

read

I know I should use a publishing software to produce this catalog,

but
would
really like to keep the document in Word and publish from a PDF.

Are my options to use kerning or to draw each line individually?

"Jezebel" wrote:

Other than what?