Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cbj

Default reformat paragraphs

Is it possible to reformat paragraphs after a document is finished? My
husband used the tab key for paragraph indentions instead of setting up
indents. HELP
--
cbj

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Use Find and Replace to replace ^t (a tab character) with nothing. Then
select the paragraphs and apply a style with a first-line indent such as
Body Text First Indent. You can modify the indent to suit you (I find the
default indent too small). Although it's preferable to use a style, you can
also select the paragraphs and drag an indent on the ruler.

"cbj" cindy_1959@hotmail(donotspam) wrote in message
How?
--
cbj

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Yes.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"cbj" cindy_1959@hotmail(donotspam) wrote in message
Is it possible to reformat paragraphs after a document is finished? My
husband used the tab key for paragraph indentions instead of setting

up
indents. HELP
--
cbj

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

You could even replace ^t with format style Body Text First Indent which
would remove the tabs and apply the style to paragraphs with a tab. This is
a blunt instrument so step through the document and make sure only leading
tabs are removed.