Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kate

Default Problem deleating highlited text when typing

I have used word for a number of years and am a creature of habit.

It is habit for me to highlight a word or sentence for example that is
incorret and type the correct word or sentence in. What used to happen was
that the highlighted word was replaced totally by the new typed word. This
used to work with (OVR) off.

Now if I highlight the word and begin typing, it does not delete what I have
highlighted, it just tyoes infront of the highlited section.

If I turn overwrite on it does not delete the highlited part if just begins
conventional overwrite at the beginning of the highlighted section.

This is hard to explain, however, it is driving me nuts because it is a
habit and is making writing my discertaion very slow.

Please help
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Check - Tools options edit typing replaces selection

Kate wrote:
I have used word for a number of years and am a creature of habit.

It is habit for me to highlight a word or sentence for example that is
incorrect and type the correct word or sentence in. What used to
happen was that the highlighted word was replaced totally by the new
typed word. This used to work with (OVR) off.

Now if I highlight the word and begin typing, it does not delete what
I have highlighted, it just types in front of the highlighted section.

If I turn overwrite on it does not delete the highlighted part if just
begins conventional overwrite at the beginning of the highlighted
section.

This is hard to explain, however, it is driving me nuts because it is
a habit and is making writing my dissertation very slow.

Please help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kate

Thanks a million Graham,

easy when u know how

U'r a star

Kate wrote:
I have used word for a number of years and am a creature of habit.

It is habit for me to highlight a word or sentence for example that is
incorrect and type the correct word or sentence in. What used to
happen was that the highlighted word was replaced totally by the new
typed word. This used to work with (OVR) off.

Now if I highlight the word and begin typing, it does not delete what
I have highlighted, it just types in front of the highlighted section.

If I turn overwrite on it does not delete the highlighted part if just
begins conventional overwrite at the beginning of the highlighted
section.

This is hard to explain, however, it is driving me nuts because it is
a habit and is making writing my dissertation very slow.

Please help

Hidden text won't stick Gary Burton Formatting Long Documents 10 February 17th 06 02:03 AM
Mirror Text Box [email protected] Formatting Long Documents 1 January 24th 05 07:02 PM
Styles, text fields and protection problem. AnttiK Page Layout 8 January 10th 05 08:15 PM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 02:49 PM
textbox to normal text Jack Sons New Users 16 December 5th 04 03:44 PM