Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Laura Parson

Default Spell Check disabled in locked Word form

In MS Word 2003, does anyone know why the Spell Check feature is
automatically disabled when a form created in Word is locked but becomes
enabled once the form is unlocked.

It clearly seems programmed to behave this way but I am hoping someone from
Microsoft's development team or other users perusing this area can explain
why.

I have been through MS's Knowledge Base and Word's Help File but to no avail.

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Laura Parson

Please disregard...I see the answer now from a post reply on 3/1/06 by
Charles Kenyon that includes the answer in the following MVP link.
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Macros...ProtectDoc.htm

I realize now that I didn't search for my subject in this community before
posting a new question - will search first in the future.

Have a great day!

"Laura Parson" wrote:

In MS Word 2003, does anyone know why the Spell Check feature is
automatically disabled when a form created in Word is locked but becomes
enabled once the form is unlocked.

It clearly seems programmed to behave this way but I am hoping someone from
Microsoft's development team or other users perusing this area can explain
why.

I have been through MS's Knowledge Base and Word's Help File but to no avail.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

From the spelling.grammar FAQ:

4. How can I spell-check protected forms
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Macros...ProtectDoc.htm

--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 07:26 PM
Spellchecking Locked Bookmarked FormFields Results in LOSS of Book jarimura Microsoft Word Help 15 December 20th 05 06:53 AM
how to spell check in locked form so those filling out can check s JL Microsoft Word Help 1 November 18th 05 03:24 AM
spell check locked form Uncle Mikey Microsoft Word Help 2 February 17th 05 12:07 AM