Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
WagFlorida

Default Can't change Menu contents

Word 2002.
Following the instructions to include a new item at any Word menu;

View, Toolbars, Customize.
It opens a new screen.
Click Command pane.
Under Categories list (left pane), select "All Commands"

Now on right pane, Commands list, select "InsertHorizontalLine" and holding
mouse clicked, I should be able to "drag" it to the left pane, over the menu
I want, for instance over "Insert" menu, it should open the menu and I would
position the mouse over the exact position within this menu to drop the
"InsertHorizontalLine" command selected. According to the Help instructions,
it SHOULD work, but it is not.

No matter what I select at the right pane, under any category selected at
the left, it never allows me to drag it to the left pane over any menu. It
always shows a small icon with a [X], indicating it is not allowed to do that.

Again, making me nuts.

Thank you for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Drag it over the menu, not over the name in the left pane.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"WagFlorida" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
WagFlorida

Yes, I just found it out by the hard way... by mistake the mouse just jumped
and moved the pointer over a "real menu on the top of the Word screen", and
the icone changed to [+], so I said, "ohhhhhhh REAL MENU", not the left pane.
Yes, it inspire me to always explain things better to who doesn't know what
I am talking about.

"Move over the menu" may mean several things.
"Move over the REAL menu on the top of the screen", means something much
more clear and without doubt.

Thank you.