Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mike

Default importing Microsoft Access Addresses

I would like to be able to select address that i have in a table in Access in
the address book in Word so that I can create addresses easily for envelopes
and documents. I do not want to mail merge mailing lables as most threads
have explained. If someone could give me an idea of how to go about this
(without coding). I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

Mike
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kevin B

You can export the Access table or query to an Excel file and then insert the
excel file as an OLE object in word.

Once the Excel file is generated, move your cursor to the location in the
Word document where you want the addresses to be inserted.

Click INSERT in the menu and then select OBJECT. Click the CREATE FROM FILE
tab in the dialog box and then click the BROWSE button to locate the file.
If you click the LINK TO FILE check box the Word document will update
whenever the Excel file is updated or replaced.
--
Kevin Backmann

"Mike" wrote:

I would like to be able to select address that i have in a table in Access in
the address book in Word so that I can create addresses easily for envelopes
and documents. I do not want to mail merge mailing lables as most threads
have explained. If someone could give me an idea of how to go about this
(without coding). I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mike

"Kevin B" wrote:

You can export the Access table or query to an Excel file and then insert the
excel file as an OLE object in word.

Once the Excel file is generated, move your cursor to the location in the
Word document where you want the addresses to be inserted.

Click INSERT in the menu and then select OBJECT. Click the CREATE FROM FILE
tab in the dialog box and then click the BROWSE button to locate the file.
If you click the LINK TO FILE check box the Word document will update
whenever the Excel file is updated or replaced.
--
Kevin Backmann

Thanks Kevin, but I'm just looking to see these addresses in the address book that is available in the toolbar or on the create envelope window.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

This is not possible! You can only use a MAPI compliant address book -
essentially Outlook Contacts and have Outlook configured as your default
e-mail application.