Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kitta

Default alternative last-page footer

I followed SB's instructions below for an alternative last-page footer
(2/4/05): The result is a new last-page footer, but the footers on all the
all the footers (in text), except for the last page (where I don't want a
footer at all)?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Alternative footers require an IF field, which has this syntax:

{ IF Expression1 Operator Expression2 TrueText FalseText }

If your last page footer is the TrueText, then the footer for every other
page should be the FalseText and vice versa.

For example, you might have this field:

{ IF { PAGE } = { NUMPAGES } "Footer you want on the last page" "Footer you
want on the other pages" }

It sounds as if your IF field does not include the previous footer as either
the TrueText or the FalseText.

"Kitta" wrote in message
I followed SB's instructions below for an alternative last-page footer
(2/4/05): The result is a new last-page footer, but the footers on all the

retain
all the footers (in text), except for the last page (where I don't want a
footer at all)?

Number of pages should restart with section page numbers Jim B Microsoft Word Help 7 March 12th 06 02:13 PM
adding pages MoJR Microsoft Word Help 23 February 28th 06 04:51 PM
How did the first page footer end up on the third page as well? Caroline Microsoft Word Help 2 August 19th 05 02:15 AM
Different number format on different pages NaomiBolderheij Page Layout 2 August 12th 05 11:16 PM
preview odd number pages on the right and even on the left mikeo Page Layout 6 February 26th 05 12:26 AM