Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
RT RT is offline

Default how do I align numbers and text within a table column?

I've created a table with 3 columns and 3 rows. One of the boxes contains
text and further in the line/row a number. However, each line of text/numbers
are not lining up with the numbers in the previous lines/rows. Please help!
Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
RT RT is offline

When I use the tab key, the cursor moves to the next "box" (column). How can
I set up tabs within my box (column)?

"Jezebel" wrote:

use tabs

"RT" wrote in message
I've created a table with 3 columns and 3 rows. One of the boxes contains
text and further in the line/row a number. However, each line of
text/numbers
are not lining up with the numbers in the previous lines/rows. Please
help!
Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
RT RT is offline

Great - that's good to know about the Ctrl+Tab. However, this lines up my
numbers on the left which works only if there are the same amount of digits.
If some of my rows have 3 digits, and other rows have 5 digits, the Ctrl+Tab
lines it all on the left. Even if I then use my space bar to 'move over' the
column of 3 digits to match the column of 5 digits, it doesn't line up???

"Jezebel" wrote:

Within a table, use Ctrl-Tab.

"RT" wrote in message
When I use the tab key, the cursor moves to the next "box" (column). How
can
I set up tabs within my box (column)?

"Jezebel" wrote:

use tabs

"RT" wrote in message
I've created a table with 3 columns and 3 rows. One of the boxes
contains
text and further in the line/row a number. However, each line of
text/numbers
are not lining up with the numbers in the previous lines/rows. Please
help!
Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

oh come on ... have you read *anything* in help? If you want to align things
by the right, use right-tabs.... (as opposed to left-tabs, center-tabs,
decimal-tabs) ....

"RT" wrote in message
Great - that's good to know about the Ctrl+Tab. However, this lines up my
numbers on the left which works only if there are the same amount of
digits.
If some of my rows have 3 digits, and other rows have 5 digits, the
Ctrl+Tab
lines it all on the left. Even if I then use my space bar to 'move over'
the
column of 3 digits to match the column of 5 digits, it doesn't line up???

"Jezebel" wrote:

Within a table, use Ctrl-Tab.

"RT" wrote in message
When I use the tab key, the cursor moves to the next "box" (column).
How
can
I set up tabs within my box (column)?

"Jezebel" wrote: