bmswells

Default Fonts in Word 2003

I have more fonts in the Windows folder than I can access in Word 2003. How
do I add fonts to Word font list. This didn't happen with Word 97 as every
font in the Windows folder seemed to be accessible.

What fonts are you seeing in the Fonts folder that you cannot access in
Word? Note that some fonts are screen fonts (.fon), and Word won't use them
because it can't print them. And Word doesn't list the bold and italic
variants of fonts (they're accessed by using the Bold and Italic font
properties). And if you have "Show only TrueType fonts in the programs on my
computer" checked on the Fonts tab of your Fonts folder Folder Options, you
won't see PostScript or printer-resident fonts.

"bmswells" wrote in message
I have more fonts in the Windows folder than I can access in Word 2003.

How
do I add fonts to Word font list. This didn't happen with Word 97 as every
font in the Windows folder seemed to be accessible.

Graham Mayor

Word only can access any installed font that the current printer driver is
capable of printing.

bmswells wrote:
I have more fonts in the Windows folder than I can access in Word
2003. How do I add fonts to Word font list. This didn't happen with
Word 97 as every font in the Windows folder seemed to be accessible.

In the Fonts folder, see if the File menu includes the Install New Font
option. If not, it may be that you have exceeded the allowable number of
fonts. This is not likely, though, if you're using an OS that can run Word
2003, as newer OSes don't have the limitations that older ones had. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CommonFontProbs.htm for some other
avenues to explore.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

What fonts are you seeing in the Fonts folder that you cannot access in
Word? Note that some fonts are screen fonts (.fon), and Word won't use

them
because it can't print them. And Word doesn't list the bold and italic
variants of fonts (they're accessed by using the Bold and Italic font
properties). And if you have "Show only TrueType fonts in the programs

on my
computer" checked on the Fonts tab of your Fonts folder Folder Options,

you
won't see PostScript or printer-resident fonts.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.