James Thomson

Default Paper size defaults to folio, can't select A4?

Help!

I have a Win2000 machine running Office 2003 on which the paper sizes are
not the standard ones I expect. It defaults to 'folio' and has no option for
A4 (which is what I want). Attempts to print always come out sideways and off
the page.

I have another machine on which the paper sizes are what I expect (A4,
letter, etc) but I cannot figure out what is causing the difference!

I'm UK based, and as far as I can tell Windows is configured correctly for
UK. I thought the problem might be a regional thing.

Can anybody point me in the right direction? Please?

Many thanks in advance!
James Thomson

Hmm, the paper sizes in the network printer's properties suffer the same
problem!

The same printer viewed from a different machine has the paper size options
I expect (A4 etc.), but from this one machine I get folio and A4small etc.

So the problem isn't only within Word.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Make sure that the correct default paper size is set in the printer
Properties.

James Thomson

It's a networked HP Laserjet 8150n. Have disconnected and reconnected but the
printer settings still offer the wrong paper sizes (and no A4!). Same printer
as used by other machines on the network doesn't have this problem!

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

The paper sizes are fixed by the printer driver. What printer do you have
selected?

Graham Mayor

It's the printer driver that's at fault not the printer. Is the HP printer
set as default printer on the machine? If so, reinstall the driver on the
problematic machine.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

The paper sizes are fixed by the printer driver. What printer do you
have selected?

James Thomson

This is the problem, the options for paper sizes in the printer properties
are wrong as well.

It is a printer connected to the network, so no local printer driver. Other
PCs on network connect to same printer without this problem. Only this
specific user on this specific PC has this problem. It makes no difference
which network printer he connects to, they all come up with the wrong paper
sizes.

Different user on same PC no problem.
Same user on different PC no problem.

!