CINDY

Default I cannot delete a horizontal line under the header (not IN it).

This line is not visible while in "Print View," but shows up once I print my
page. It also appears when I click on "Show Header and Footer," although it
is not inside the header box itself.

It seems odd that you can see it in the header pane but not in Print
Preview. Are you sure you don't see it in Print Preview even if you click
the Magnifier? Or are you talking about Print Layout view? In any case, if
it shows up in the header, then it is part of the header. From your
description, it is probably a drawing line anchored to the header, in which
case you should be able to click on it and delete it when the header pane is
open. If not a drawing line, it may be a border; remove it via Format |
Borders and Shading: None.

"CINDY" wrote in message
This line is not visible while in "Print View," but shows up once I print

my
page. It also appears when I click on "Show Header and Footer," although

it
is not inside the header box itself.

CINDY

Hi Suzanne,

I can see the line in Print Preview, but not in Print Layout View -- I
should have been more clear. I have been all through Format and Borders, as
well as Bullets and Numbering, and Paragraphs. This line will not disappear,
LOL. I'll look again and closely follow what you suggested I do. Hopefully
the thing will go away. Thanks for replying.

Cindy

"CINDY" wrote in message
This line is not visible while in "Print View," but shows up once I print

my
page. It also appears when I click on "Show Header and Footer," although

it
is not inside the header box itself.

Some printers are able to add their own watermarks, through the printer
driver. Although I would not expect these to show up in Word's Print
Preview, it's a possibility that would be worth investigating, I guess.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

It seems odd that you can see it in the header pane but not in Print
Preview. Are you sure you don't see it in Print Preview even if you

click
the Magnifier? Or are you talking about Print Layout view? In any case,

if
it shows up in the header, then it is part of the header. From your
description, it is probably a drawing line anchored to the header, in

which
case you should be able to click on it and delete it when the header

pane is
open. If not a drawing line, it may be a border; remove it via Format |
Borders and Shading: None.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.