Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
fayeson fayeson is offline

Default Merge icons on tool bar are grayed out. How can I fix this?

--
Faye Robinson
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Which version of Word?

Can you confirm/deny that you mean the Mail Merge tool bar?

If it's Word 2002/3, are the first two icons available? If so, that
indicates that Word does not think the open document is a mail merge
document. That may be because it is not connected to a data source, and you
should be able to clcik the second button on the toolbar to make the
connection. However, sometimes when you go through the connection process,
Word actually fails to make a connection but reports no error. if that's
what is happening,
a. what is the data source?
b. you can verify that the toolbar /usually/ works by creating a very
simple data source (e.g. a Word document containing

k,t
1,text1

) and trying to connect to that.

Peter Jamieson