Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ron Perry Ron Perry is offline

Default Change layout of address inserted from Outlook 2007 to Word 2007?

How can I change the layout of addresses inserted from Contacts in Outlook
2007 into Word 2007? Presently, it skips the "Company" field, which I want,
and adds the "Country" field, which I don't want. (In Word 2000, you could
manipulate this with autotext and "addresslayout," but that's apparently not
available in Word 2007.) Also, in earlier versions of Word, the insert
address toolbar button had a dropdown arrow associated with it, with the last
few addresses you used. Has this been eliminated in Word 2007? Now it appears
that all you get is the button. Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?Um9uIFBlcnJ5?=,

How can I change the layout of addresses inserted from Contacts in Outlook
2007 into Word 2007? Presently, it skips the "Company" field, which I want,
and adds the "Country" field, which I don't want. (In Word 2000, you could
manipulate this with autotext and "addresslayout," but that's apparently not
available in Word 2007.)

It still works in Word 2007, at least in the final release version (I don't know
about any beta versions). I just tested, using the information in these two
Knowledge Base articles

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/211424/en-us

I saved it as an AutoText entry (not as the default QuickPart) to the
Normal.dotm template (not to Building Blocks.dotx).

Also, in earlier versions of Word, the insert
address toolbar button had a dropdown arrow associated with it, with the last
few addresses you used. Has this been eliminated in Word 2007? Now it appears
that all you get is the button.

This, however, I can't find. Just the "Address Book" button.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Cindy,

That's interesting.

The Address book icon in the Word 2007
Mailings=Create=Envelopes/Labels dialogs
still includes the MRU dropdown for recent addresses,
but the 'Address Book' command added to the QAT does not and an imported toolbar from Word 2003 with the address book icon loses
that icon in Word 2007.

Perhaps something to do with Word no longer being the email editor for Outlook?

==============
Hi ?B?Um9uIFBlcnJ5?=,

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi Bob,

The Address book icon in the Word 2007
Mailings=Create=Envelopes/Labels dialogs
still includes the MRU dropdown for recent addresses,
but the 'Address Book' command added to the QAT does not and an imported toolbar from Word 2003 with the address book icon loses
that icon in Word 2007.

Perhaps something to do with Word no longer being the email editor for Outlook?

I even lose the icon off the toolbar...

No idea how these things are/were connected to an AddressBook. Since the functionality supposedly works with standard MAPI (not
just Outlook), I can't see how it would be strictly related to Word having been Outlook's email editor. And I certainly never used
Word as the email editor in earlier versions...

I'd guess it may have more to do with how the MAPI information is provided to Office. But it would be just a wild guess.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Why can't I get Multiple instances of word? Laverne Microsoft Word Help 14 November 17th 06 02:35 PM
Address Layout word 2007 joeycan Microsoft Word Help 0 June 3rd 06 04:32 PM
Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
Change Word default (opening attachments from Outlook) from reading layout to print layout? KR New Users 5 March 21st 05 06:09 PM