miamnelson

Default Each section prints to PDF as a separate file - aarrgghhh!

Please help...I am going nuts with frustration. I have a document with
two sections, I needed to do it that way to get separate page numbering
for the table of contents and the main body of text.

The trouble is, when I go to print this to a PDF file, it ALWAYS
creates two separate documents, one for each section. I need to find a
way to make it ONE file.

I have tried telling the print box to print s1, s2 but to no avail. I
am out of ideas and after spending hours on the web searching for help,
it appears nobody else has this problem!

BTW, I am running the OS X version of Word on a G5 Macintosh...

Thank you!

--
miamnelson

Daiya Mitchell

It's a bug, not sure whether it belongs to OS X or Word. Google for a
utility called Combine PDFs.

It's not entirely consistent--not all section breaks cause it. But lots of
people have it.

By the way, this is the type of question that needs to go to a Mac-specific
newsgroup.
See here for gateway to Mac-specific ngs:
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/community/community.aspx?pid=newsgroups

If you use google groups to search the archives of the MacWord group listed
on that page, you might get a bit more information, but as far I know there
is no cure.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/