Chuck Elsham

Default Organisation Chart layout problems

Hello,

I'm having great problems with the *new* version of
Organisation Chart (2003) - the old OrgChart was bad
enough, I thought it would be much better in 2003. Maybe
it is, but I still can't do what I need.

I need to draw up an Orgchart for a Lawyers with 3
partners at the highest level as co-workers.

Organisation Chart seems to insist on only 1 person at the
top level.

Can anyone help please?

Apologies if this is the wrong newsgroup - please direct
me.

Regards
Rob
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Chuck,

The Office 2003 built in org chart diagramming tool
can be a bit frustrating. While you can 'arrange'
an org chart to do what you ask, by using the Org Chart
toolbar and turning off Layout=Autolayout and
then using the Drawing Toolbar's Draw=Align or Distribute
tool to align the 2nd row boxes (delete the center
one and its connectors) then individually reroute the
active connector lines, or...

you may find it simpler
to just create the org chart usine the Autoshape
tool on the drawing toolbar or adding back in the
old MS Org chart applet from
http://microsoft.com/office/orkarchi...3ddl.htm#Msoc2

or its newer and more up to date version from
http://orgplus.com

MS Office Visio is the Office app with extensive
Org chart capabilities
http://microsoft.com/office/visio/prodinfo/
including the ability to use a database file for
creating or maintainingg the charts.
Additional Orgchart info for Visio here.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/FX011406321033.aspx

========

--
Let us know if this helped you,