Alan

Default how do I put different headers/footers on each page of a worddocu

Been trying to see if there is a way to have different headers and footers on
each page of my document. I found the different header for first page but
doesn't help past the first 2 pages.
Daiya Mitchell

Depends. If you want the header/footer to duplicate text found in the body
of the document, look up StyleRef field in Help, or "dictionary-style
headers".

You can actually get 3 header/footers by activating Odd and Even Headers.

See here for more information:
http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/HeaderFooter.htm

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Jay Freedman

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 14:57:02 -0800, "Alan"
wrote:

Been trying to see if there is a way to have different headers and footers on
each page of my document. I found the different header for first page but
doesn't help past the first 2 pages.

Hi Alan,

Word really doesn't have a good way to do that. There are a couple of
workarounds, and the choice depends on what you're trying to make
different on each page.

The set of headers (primary, first page, and even page) is a property
of each section in the document ("section" meaning literally the part
of the document between two section breaks). Any non-field text that
you put into one of those headers will be repeated exactly on each
page until the next section break occurs.

If a header of a section has the Same As Previous option turned on,
that section will show the same text as in the corresponding header of
the preceding section. If you turn off that option, you can make the
headers of the two sections completely different.

One way to get a different header on each page would be to place a
Next-page section break at the end of each page, and turn off Same As
unless there's no other workaround that applies, because large numbers
of section breaks tend to make documents fragile and prone to
corruption.

Another way is to use StyleRef fields in the header to repeat the text
of the most recent paragraph having a particular style in the body of
the document. If each page contains the text you want in the heading
(perhaps with the font color set to white so it's invisible), you just
need one heading with a StyleRef field to display that text.

A third way is to create If fields in the header that use a nested
page number field to determine what to display. A field with the code

{ If {Page} = 3 "Show me" }

will display the text only on page 3, and nothing on any other page.
To make fields like this, you have to use Ctrl+F9 to insert each pair
of field braces, and you have to press F9 when you're done to update
the field.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman