Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tsugazi Tsugazi is offline

Default 2 copies of Word 2007 open from Outlook 2007

Hi all, I am running Office 2007 Professional Plus and keep having the same
problem: 2 copies of Word open when I open a Word attachment from Outlook.
Furthermore, I cannot open other files or do anything in the 2nd Word window
(which does not have a document posted within it; the other open window Word
has the attachment). Is this a glitch in Office 2007 or am I missing
something?

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

Outlook 2007 uses its own special version of Word 2007 as editor and you no
longer have the choice to use, or not use, Word as e-mail editor. If you
open a Word attachment it will open in a separate instance of Word. You may
view this this as there being two instances of Word but the 'Outlook one'
doesn't have all the facilities of a normal Word session; although it loks
and feels like Word in some respects (because it uses the same code) it
remains part of Outlook.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Tsugazi" wrote in message
news
Hi all, I am running Office 2007 Professional Plus and keep having the
same
problem: 2 copies of Word open when I open a Word attachment from Outlook.
Furthermore, I cannot open other files or do anything in the 2nd Word
window
(which does not have a document posted within it; the other open window
Word
has the attachment). Is this a glitch in Office 2007 or am I missing
something?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid [MVP] Patrick Schmid [MVP] is offline

What graphics card do you have?

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80
Office 2007 Beta 2 Technical Refresh (B2TR):
http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/09/18/43
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
RibbonCustomizer Add-In: http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribboncustomizer
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

"Tony Jollans" My forename at my surname dot com wrote in message
:

Outlook 2007 uses its own special version of Word 2007 as editor and you no
longer have the choice to use, or not use, Word as e-mail editor. If you
open a Word attachment it will open in a separate instance of Word. You may
view this this as there being two instances of Word but the 'Outlook one'
doesn't have all the facilities of a normal Word session; although it loks
and feels like Word in some respects (because it uses the same code) it
remains part of Outlook.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Tsugazi" wrote in message
news
Hi all, I am running Office 2007 Professional Plus and keep having the
same
problem: 2 copies of Word open when I open a Word attachment from Outlook.
Furthermore, I cannot open other files or do anything in the 2nd Word
window
(which does not have a document posted within it; the other open window
Word
has the attachment). Is this a glitch in Office 2007 or am I missing
something?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tsugazi Tsugazi is offline

My graphics card is an ATI Mobility Radeon 7500, driver 6.14.10.6525. My
computer is an IBM Thinkpad R40, Windows XP Pro SP2.

Should my graphics card matter in this instance?

"Patrick Schmid [MVP]" wrote:

[...]

"Tsugazi" wrote in message
news
Hi all, I am running Office 2007 Professional Plus and keep having the
same
problem: 2 copies of Word open when I open a Word attachment from Outlook.
Furthermore, I cannot open other files or do anything in the 2nd Word
window
(which does not have a document posted within it; the other open window
Word
has the attachment). Is this a glitch in Office 2007 or am I missing
something?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid [MVP] Patrick Schmid [MVP] is offline

There is an issue with Outlook 2007 with a particular graphics card (I
think Maxtor), where you see an empty Word window that you can't do
anything with. But this doesn't affect your card.

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
http://pschmid.net
***

:

"Patrick Schmid [MVP]" wrote:

[...]

news Hi all, I am running Office 2007 Professional Plus and keep having the