Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
EBaker EBaker is offline

Default How can I get rid of all unused styles in a really long document?

I'm working with long documents (hundreds of pages) where other contributors
have added and changed text through several document generations. As a
result, not only do I have way too many styles used, but I also have way to
many listed that are not used. I want to remove them (not just 'not show
them') so that my contributor colleagues will not be tempted to use them. I
know how to get rid of them one at a time, but I would like to get rid of
them all at once because there are so many, and in several different
documents.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

See
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...e8b72 eca72ca

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

EBaker wrote:
I'm working with long documents (hundreds of pages) where other
contributors have added and changed text through several document
generations. As a result, not only do I have way too many styles
used, but I also have way to many listed that are not used. I want
to remove them (not just 'not show them') so that my contributor
colleagues will not be tempted to use them. I know how to get rid of
them one at a time, but I would like to get rid of them all at once
because there are so many, and in several different documents.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

See http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Style_Report.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"EBaker" wrote:

I'm working with long documents (hundreds of pages) where other contributors
have added and changed text through several document generations. As a
result, not only do I have way too many styles used, but I also have way to
many listed that are not used. I want to remove them (not just 'not show
them') so that my contributor colleagues will not be tempted to use them. I
know how to get rid of them one at a time, but I would like to get rid of
them all at once because there are so many, and in several different
documents.

How to delete unused styles - Macro? Bothell writer Microsoft Word Help 7 February 29th 08 10:28 AM
styles morphed into "default paragraph font para char" Sandra Salstrom Microsoft Word Help 8 April 4th 07 01:02 PM
Styles Growing Deb Page Layout 12 April 5th 06 10:56 PM
Word 2003 Document Styles Driving Us Nutz BioDude Microsoft Word Help 1 March 17th 06 09:08 PM
Hebrew Suggestions Dannyza Microsoft Word Help 2 November 21st 05 06:12 AM