Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
KCav KCav is offline

Default How to shut-off Documant Map?

I thought that if I loaded Normal.dot into Word and created the start-up
configuration I wanted --- made a small change in Normal.dot like move the
cursor and saved Normal.dot my configuration would be saved with normal.dot.
Now I know that routine does not completely satisfy my needs.

When I go to View and click on Document Map two times the column on the left
side of the screen disappears. How ever when I close out of Word and reload
the Document Map is back. How can I shut it off?
--
KC
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Klaus Linke Klaus Linke is offline

"KCav" wrote:
I thought that if I loaded Normal.dot into Word and created the start-up
configuration I wanted --- made a small change in Normal.dot like move the
cursor and saved Normal.dot my configuration would be saved with
normal.dot.
Now I know that routine does not completely satisfy my needs.

When I go to View and click on Document Map two times the column on the
left
side of the screen disappears. How ever when I close out of Word and
reload
the Document Map is back. How can I shut it off?
--
KC

Hi KC,

With "move the cursor" you mean you typed in a letter and deleted it, right?
You'll have to turn off the Document Map in all views, in Normal.dot
(Normal, Page Layout, Web Layout, Outline).
Can't think of anything else... that should kill it.

Regards,
Klaus

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
KCav KCav is offline

No change. I loaded normal.dot and turned-off Document Map in all the views
and after each change I typed a character abd deleted it.

Each time I load Word it starts with Document Map on.
--
KC

"Klaus Linke" wrote:

"KCav" wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

It sounds as if you have a macro that forces the display of the
Document Map.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP