Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
angela patrikka angela patrikka is offline

Default Margins for First page Only

I have a template that requires a different first page to the rest of the
document.

The document contains macros that link to another application that holds the
data. Depending on the criteria, depends on whether the information is
populated. This could be 1 line, to 10 paragraphs.

If i place a section break at the end of the template, and the text flows
over to 3 pages, only then does the margins change. I need to know if it is
possible to place a hard code of some sort in the document to only be on the
first page no matter what length of text there is.

Regards
Angela

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Hello Angela

angela patrikka wrote:
I have a template that requires a different first page to the rest of the
document.

The document contains macros that link to another application that holds the
data. Depending on the criteria, depends on whether the information is
populated. This could be 1 line, to 10 paragraphs.

If i place a section break at the end of the template, and the text flows
over to 3 pages, only then does the margins change. I need to know if it is
possible to place a hard code of some sort in the document to only be on the
first page no matter what length of text there is.

It sounds as if you need no section break at all, but to activate
"Different first page" header/footer in File | Page setup.

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
angela patrikka angela patrikka is offline

But i have to create section breaks to allow me to put in teh different
margins. Without section breaks, it doesn't allow me to customize the
different margins.

"Robert M. Franz (RMF)" wrote in message
Hello Angela

angela patrikka wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you don't want section breaks, depending on whether the first or
subsequent pages have the wider margins, you could use borderless text boxes
in the relavant page header with a wrap option set (a header can be anywhere
on the page) to push the text to where you want it to be. You then need to
set a different first page header in the page setup - see Suzanne's link.