Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
eganders eganders is offline

Default Using outline numbering in appendix

I am having a problem with Word 2003 (sp2) using outline numbering in
an appendix. What is the proper way to set up outline numbering for an
appendix where you want the appendix to number like this:
A.1
A.2
B.1
B.2

I know I am doing something wrong, because I come out with:

A.1
A.2
A.4
A.5

Also, is there a book or place on the Internet where I can get the
"Customize Outline Number List" box explained in detail? I am asking
it to restart the numbering, but it is not doing that and I don't know
if it is not working correctly, or I am just asking it to do something
improperly.

Is there a way to keep the heading titles (heading 1, heading 2, etc)
but clear the formatting and start over so you have a clean slate?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
eganders eganders is offline

Thanks a lot for this pointer. I think this may do it.