Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
starrstudent starrstudent is offline

Default spacing in endnotes

How do I standardize the spacing in my endnotes? I keep getting "not a valid
action" message? I also have some spacing issues in the body of my paper
bewteen paragraphs.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

To see what is going on, you may want to click the ¶ button on the
Standard toolbar; this displays paragraph marks (¶) as well as other
nonprinting marks. I'm guessing that you are trying to delete the
final paragraph mark in an endnote, which is not allowed (as it would
connect two successive endnotes).

Instead, this is what you should do: Change the Endnote Text paragraph
style to include the desired Spacing Before or After and the desired
Line Spacing. In the Modify Style dialog box (see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...fyAStyle.html), click the
Format button, and then click Paragraph. You'll find the options on
the Indents and Spacing tab.

Similarly, you can change the spacing for the style used in the main
body of your document.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP