Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
PaulD PaulD is offline

Default How do I stop 'repaginating' every time I move to a new page?

I have a 40 page document. In print layout view, the document pauses to
repaginate, every time I move to a new page, or half way down a page.
This means the doc hangs whilst it does it, and it's making my life hard!
How do I stop it from doing this? I have looked in all the options but can't
find anything to do with repagination.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Luc Luc is offline

PaulD,
Continuous repagination could point to a corrupting document:
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)
I have a 40 page document. In print layout view, the document pauses to
repaginate, every time I move to a new page, or half way down a page.
This means the doc hangs whilst it does it, and it's making my life hard!
How do I stop it from doing this? I have looked in all the options but
can't
find anything to do with repagination.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
PaulD PaulD is offline

Thanks for that.

I've followed the advice on recreating the template via 'save as web' but
this doesn't correct the issue. I have no Master Document, so this aspect
isn't relevant for me.

The other advice was on ensuring the product was suitably patched - Office
update said that it was patched up to date, so that's a no-go as well. Anyone
have further thoughts?

"Luc" wrote:

PaulD,
Continuous repagination could point to a corrupting document:
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)
"PaulD" schreef in bericht
I have a 40 page document. In print layout view, the document pauses to
repaginate, every time I move to a new page, or half way down a page.
This means the doc hangs whilst it does it, and it's making my life hard!
How do I stop it from doing this? I have looked in all the options but
can't
find anything to do with repagination.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Did you also try the following: Rename the Normal template (just to
get a fresh
copy), copy your problem document (except for the final paragraph
mark) and paste into a new blank document?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Luc" wrote:

PaulD,
Continuous repagination could point to a corrupting document:
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)
"PaulD" schreef in bericht
I have a 40 page document. In print layout view, the document

pauses to
repaginate, every time I move to a new page, or half way down a

page.
This means the doc hangs whilst it does it, and it's making my

life hard!
How do I stop it from doing this? I have looked in all the

options but
can't
find anything to do with repagination.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
PaulD PaulD is offline

Yes that worked - great. The only additional bit of info to add, is that the
sequence is:
- copy your problem document
- quit Word
- delete or rename normal.dot
- reopen word and paste into new document

If I deleted normal.dot, then opened word, and did the copy and paste, the
document was still problematic, but copying first, then getting a new
normal.dot worked fine. Although it did lose some formatting styles... but
worth it.

Thanks very much.
Paul