Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
catandmouse catandmouse is offline

Default Fix column width in a table

We have a multi-column table document to which many people contribute.
Our objective is to take their individual contributions and copy and
paste them together. As long as people follow instructions and don't
mess around with the blank document this works fine - we even have a
macro which takes all the individual contributions and does the
"copying and pasting" for us. The problem is that we have contributors
who believe they can do better than us and start playing around with
the column widths.
This is obviously counter-productive. Whilst the copy-and-paste macro
still works (as long as people don't add or subtract columns), the
column widths get messed up.
Is there any way to fix the column width so that no-one can change it?
We have thought of using protected forms, but they are really too
restrictive.
Any suggestions much appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
macropod macropod is offline

Hi catandmouse,

Since you're already using a macro, I'd suggest extending its abilities to
include resetting the table column widths to your defaults before copying &
pasting them.

Cheers

--
macropod