Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jason Venneri Jason Venneri is offline

Default 4 page layout

I'm trying to do a 4 page booklet. I'm have trouble in both Word (2003)and
Publisher (2003) setting up a 4 x 5 page. I want to have a title, Page1
page2 and back cover. Any help getting me going in the right direction would
be appreciated. (I have a duplex priter).
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

See the article "Booklet printing" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...etPrinting.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Jason Venneri" Jason wrote in message
I'm trying to do a 4 page booklet. I'm have trouble in both Word
(2003)and
Publisher (2003) setting up a 4 x 5 page. I want to have a title, Page1
page2 and back cover. Any help getting me going in the right direction
would
be appreciated. (I have a duplex priter).

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Well, first of all, a real booklet would have a front cover, inside front
cover, page 1-x (where x is a multiple of 4), inside back cover, and back
cover, and if you're using Word's "Book fold" feature, you will not be able
to number the inside front cover as page 1, I suspect, because odd-numbered
pages must be recto (right-hand) pages.

The main problem, though, is that you're trying to make a nonstandard size
booklet. If you actually have 5" x 8" paper (or possibly you mean 5.5" x
8.5"?), and this is a defined paper size in your printer, then you can try
specifying that paper size and using the "Book fold" option. Otherwise,
you'll have to set up your booklet in the center of 8.5" x 11" paper, with
margins adjusted accordingly, and plan to trim it. Note that Word's "Book
fold" feature reverses Inside and Outside margins, so you'll need to reverse
the settings to get the large Outside margins correct.